7 Creative Tools to Build Brand You!
With personal branding becoming mainstream it is really important to think of more creative ways to differentiate brand you. In the past simply securing yourname.com or starting a blog was a sure-fire way to stand out. Nowadays such actions are no longer the exception but the norm.
A recent example of an incredibly brilliant way to creatively brand oneself is what Philippe Dubost did to sell himself with an online resume made to look like an Amazon page. His approach led to over 200,000 hits a day, more than 30,000 Facebook likes, and more importantly numerous job offers.
To help inject some creativity into your personal branding efforts, consider one of the following 7 ways to package your personal brand.
- Infographics – Have you heard of Piktochart? Easel.ly? Infogr.am? Visual.ly? These are just a small handful of the various tools available to create infographics. Infographics are brilliant for creating a visual story of your personal brand. Many of these tools have free versions with a nice handful of templates to get you started. Here is a great article highlighting these tools along with starter tips on planning your first infographic.
- Pinterest – Create a board on Pinterest that communicates your brand. Pin images that show the story of you. Pin a video bio. Be a thought leader by pinning content relevant to your field. The opportunities are endless but go in with a strategy and create specific ‘boards’ related to your personal brand rather than just randomly pinning images. Here is a great article explaining how to leverage Pinterest for your personal brand portfolio.
- Wordle – Wordle is a great visual tool where you can use words and phrases to communicate your brand attributes, your vision, or your brand story. I often see people use wordle for a manifesto or the about page on their website. Here is a great example of an ‘interactive’ wordle-type manifesto where each phrase is clickable and takes you to more information, images, videos, etc.
- Paper.li – Content curation is an awesome way to gain visibility. If you can make it easier for others to find relevant and compelling content then you have saved people time and frustration. That is worth its weight in gold! Set up an account on Paper.li and filter the huge amount of information to share the best content with people in your niche. Here is a great article with 5 ideas to brand yourself with Paper.Li.
- PowToon – If you are tired of using the standard PowerPoint or Keynote platforms to create a branded presentation, then check out PowToon. This is a fun DIY animated presentation tool that adds a very creative element to your presentations.
- Present.me – Still committed to slide-type presentations and have no desire to muck with a new tool like PowToon or Prezi? Present.me is a great way to give your existing slides a personal touch. Present.me provides a platform to upload an existing presentation file and then record via your webcam an actually video image of you discussing the slides. Your slides and video exist side-by-side literally adding YOU to the presentation.
- Vizify – Vizify is a fun new way to promote your brand via social media. Vizify collects and transforms all the fragmented data about your brand across your social media platforms into a one unified and interactive visual profile. TechCrunch has called it the “slick new way to present your personal brand.” Here is my own Vizify profile.
Peter Sterlacci, founder of BeYB – Believe. Become. Be Your Brand, , combines personal branding strategy with cycling imagery to empower on-the-move careerists in global companies in Japan to shift gears, get out of the saddle, and sprint to career success.