A monthly column featuring branding + design tips and tricks for standing out online.
Plan and Pay for a Professional Photo Shoot
Is your Brand Professionally Packaged for Life Online? Consider these stats:
- 93% of first impressions are based on how we look
- 3 seconds is the amount of time we have to get your attention online
- Video is the new black
- 24.7.365 is how often your brand is visible online
If 93% of first impressions are based on how we look, a professional photo shoot is your first digital essential in 2013. But first you must understand how you want to present yourself, what colors represent your brand and what photographer is best suited to shoot your pictures based on their skill sets and your needs.
With this in mind, having a clear, concise, consistent visible personal brand online has never been more vital than it is today. You never go out with the little black dress, unless you have the shoes, handbag and jewelry to match. Same goes with designing your brand online. You need your personal brand and online identity plan to clearly identify all the necessary accessories to match your brand ecosystem.
- Start with how you want to present yourself – What is unique about you? For example, if you work in the city, perhaps you want to do an on-location photo shoot showcasing you around the city. Or perhaps you are a Corporate Executive who is also an athlete and wants to showcase a more personal side of you cycling or running in an outdoors setting. Or you have a passion for giving back to the community and want to share this through images of you at work in the community. This is an opportunity for you to showcase your uniqueness.
- Next you will want to explore what colors best represent your brand. To help you explore this, Reach Founder, William Arruda, has prepared a video, What Color is Your Brand, for you to explore words matched to colors. I also recommend asking a few close friends to share what colors best match you and why? You will be surprised to hear them say, “yellow is your color because you radiate sunshine and happiness when you walk in the room with your positive energy”! or, “red best represents you for your fierce passion for life and work”! By asking others you can better relate how your brand is experienced by people around you.
- Last is the task of finding a Photographer that is a fit for your needs. There are many photographers to choose from, be sure to interview them to find out their expertise to match your needs. Most photographers will discuss how you will be using the images, i.e., print, online, corporate use, etc. Download this presentation for more detail to help you prepare before your shoot.
Robin Bramman Brand Experience and Digital Media Coach who specializes in chic + savvy Online Identity solutions! The founder of Chic Branding and Partner at EEKO Design Studio, Robin works with high-achieving professionals and innovative entrepreneurs in defining their brand and interactive strategies to increase her client’s digital visibility.