A monthly column featuring branding + design tips and tricks for standing out online.
5 Digital Branding Toolsets Every Brand Should Have
Summer is the best time to play around with digital toolsets to enhance your brand presence online. Why? Because your brand deserves a little fun! We can’t go around all buttoned up and professional all the time. Our brands deserve to showcase our personal side and our own flair.
I use the summer to dig into some digital toolsets that present my brand in different ways and in different media. For example, I got a chance to be interviewed via video with another Reach Strategist from India, Tanvi Bhatt of the Brandtastic Diaries. It was a learning curve on how to script, take and share my video via my iPhone and using iMovie, but it got done and it was quite fun to see the video complete and part of the YOUnique 100th edition blog.
So, I thought it might be helpful to share some of my favorite digital branding toolsets every brand should play with this summer, here goes:
- PERSONAL PORTAL TOOLSETS. Try out the free digital portals to showcase your brands personal side, like About.me, Vizify.com, and Flavors.me. I really love how vizify pulls info from your twitter feed, LinkedIn profile and Facebook page, and you can adjust all content on the site to show what you want and delete what you don’t want.
- VISUAL RESUMES TOOLSETS. Resumes are not just paper based anymore. You can craft clever online infographic visual resumes at visualize.me – here is mine as an example and how about Prezumes on Prezi.com, this is a fun way to create a story to your work history.
- VIDEO PROMOTION TOOLSET. To help humanize your brand it is great to share your voice and your visual smile by video. You can find many resources to make this happen but I recommend videoBIO.com as they have a free DIY trial resource to help you start and get comfortable and then you can move up to PRO when you are ready. Take a look at personalbranding.tv to see how Reach Strategists have done their videoBIO’s.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP TOOLSETS. Don’t want to start your own blog and feel stressed about designing, writing and posting content frequently, then get out and share your thoughts and comments on other blog sites that you find of interest. You will find that you can engage with like-minded readers and writers on blog sites that you find interesting, or build your own WordPress.com blog site. LinkedIn.com is the professional tool you can use to micro blog on your profile or in a group.
- PERSONAL ADVERTISING TOOLSETS. Did you know you could turn yourself into an online advertisement? It sounds crazy to advertise yourself, but if you are on a job search, you need every opportunity to get buzz on your brand. Consider using Facebook social ads, Google AdWords and LinkedIn Ads.
Take the computer to the beach, find a comfy chair, and put your toes in the sand, then have fun with some online toolsets that bring your brand to life in different ways. Play online like you are 12 and have no fear of what others think, they might just find you clever, fascinating and learn something new about you they might have missed in all the traditional ways you were using online media.
Here’s to some online fun this summer!
Robin Bramman Brand Experience and Digital Media Coach who specializes in chic + savvy Online Identity solutions! The founder of Chic Branding and Partner at EEKO Design Studio, Robin works with high-achieving professionals and innovative entrepreneurs in defining their brand and interactive strategies to increase her client’s digital visibility.