By Robin Bramman
A monthly column featuring branding + design tips and tricks for standing out online.
5 Digital Brand Confidence Boosters
Do you ever fear these questions from a colleague or client?
- Can I get your business card? or
- “let’s link up online, what’s your Skype” or
- “like me on Facebook”, or
- “give me your twitter handle and we’ll chat” or even
- “I’ll link up with you on LinkedIn”
How do you respond? Do you have a personal calling card design for your brand? Do you show up online if they Googled you? Do you have a Facebook page that you would want them to see? Do you tweet? What about your LinkedIn page, is it ready to share?
How can you confidently respond to any one of those questions? Let’s explore 5 digital brand boosters that you can set up quickly to be confident in responding to any one of those social linkup questions. This will kick start your digital footprint to insure your brand is share-worthy:
- Mobile Business Cards – Feel ready for that personal calling card question by signing up for www.vizibility.com and setting up your vCard and your QR code.
- Get Google Search Ready – Give them something to link on when they Google you, if you are not tweeting or do not have your own blog site, find other ways to show up online, i.e., person portal sites such as About.me, Flavors.com and my newest favorite, Vizify.com that pulls in your personal and professional visuals around the web and you can modify them to suite your brand goals – see mine at https://www.vizify.com/robinbramman.
- Facebook Personal Profile – Show them a little personal side of your life. In todays world you need to showcase all sides of your brand. If you are hesitant to link up with other professionals in this way, you may wish to direct them to your LinkedIn profile first, but realize that your Facebook page also helps to build a rich Googlicious search of you online. Just keep it simple and post professionally on your Facebook profile and every once in a while show them a link to a family pick or something fun you did.
- Show them you’re a thought leader – Show up in Google searches when you comment on other’s posts. I like to comment on posts that move me or educated me on something new and trendy. By commenting on those posts you engage the community or thought leadership group.
- LinkedIn Profile – If you do not have your own website or blog, you should set up shop with a LinkedIn profile. You can even direct your personal domain,i.e., www.GerardLaurain.com to your LinkedIn profile.
Feel a little more confident and connected with these digital brand boosters? Add these digital updates over the next week and then Google yourself to see where you show up.
Here’s to your digital confidence success!
Robin Bramman Brand Experience and Digital Media Coach who specializes in chic + savvy Online Identity solutions! The founder of Chic Branding and Partner at EEKO Design Studio, Robin works with high-achieving professionals and innovative entrepreneurs in defining their brand and interactive strategies to increase her client’s digital visibility.