By Peter Sterlacci
Closing One Chapter; Opening Another
When I took over the reins as the Editor of YOUnique over 18 months ago I used this expression: “If it ain’t broke, then don’t fix it!” YOUnique was not broken then and I think it is fair to say that in my tenure as your Editor I didn’t break it!
As a matter of fact, YOUnique evolved in many ways as we welcomed new monthly authors, started a guest author series, began the very first video interview series called “The Brandtastic Diaries,” and put in motion the process to create a tablet version of YOUnique for iPad users.
YOUnique has been one of 4 major content platforms for Reach along with The Personal Branding Blog (TPBB), Personal Branding TV (PBTV), and the Reach Interview Series. In addition, William is now a featured contributor to Forbes! This is actually a lot to maintain and manage. Our main goal at Reach is to give our readers the best content possible. Content that is current, relevant, practical, and applicable, without spreading our resources too thin. With such a diverse portfolio of content sources, we had to consider the best way to consolidate and streamline what we are doing. As such, YOUnique will be evolving into a new format moving forward.
Rather than a bi-monthly newsletter with regular columns, YOUnique will transform into a bi-monthly ‘news digest’ of curated content from our other content platforms. Instead of articles, you will see a digest of titles and headlines with links to the original articles, videos found on TPBB, PBTV, Forbes, etc. We see this as the perfect way to keep our readers informed as well as focus our efforts on managing a smaller number of content platforms. Stay tuned for the new YOUnique from October!
Being my final column as Editor, I want to thank the people who have helped me to publish this newsletter twice a month for the past 18 months. (Wow! I just realized I have been responsible for 36 issues of YOUnique!)
- William Arruda: Thank you William for giving me the opportunity to be in this position for Reach. I enjoyed representing Reach in this capacity and building my experience to edit a major newsletter.
- Rachel Gogos: Without Rachel this newsletter would not exist! I had big shoes to fill taking over as Editor from Rachel’s 4 year tenure. She grew YOUnique into one of the largest personal branding newsletters out there and created a loyal community of subscribers. Thank you Rachel for handing over a finely tuned newsletter to manage.
- All the Reach Authors: I was honored to work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the Personal Branding world as our monthly authors. You made my job as Editor fun as I leaned so much reading your articles. Our readers subscribe to YOUnique because of your awesome content.
- Tara Kachaturoff and Regina Walton: YOUnqiue would never get into the hands of our readers without the amazing “behind-the-scenes” work from Tara and Regina. There was an incredible amount of administrative, design, and promotional work that had to happen twice a month. I could sleep confidently knowing that Tara and Regina would meet our bi-weekly deadlines.
- Our readers: Last but not least is YOU, our loyal readership! Thank you for subscribing to Reach and sharing the content with others.
Again, thank you all for being part of the YOUnique family and stay tuned for the new YOUnique digest coming soon!
Peter Sterlacci, founder of BeYB – Believe. Become. Be Your Brand, , combines personal branding strategy with cycling imagery to empower on-the-move careerists in global companies in Japan to shift gears, get out of the saddle, and sprint to career success.